Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Random Little Piece of Warmth

Lest my knitting friends think I've given up the yarn completely...I wanted to share one of the yummy little knitting projects that I've been working on sporadically.

One day a few weeks ago, I realized that my knitting projects basket was overflowing onto the table and floor around it. And, yes, my knitting habits are highly similar to my sewing habits...lots of fun new ideas, very little completion of actual projects.

So, I decided to try to finish up some WIP that were near to completion. This super yummy cowl fit that bill perfectly. I started it on a road trip, but once home again, returned to other projects and left this poor thing abandoned with only a few rows remaining to finish it.


The thing about blogging about knitting...a computer screen really does not do a plush yarn justice. There is no way you can tell how soft and delicious this is. Which is very sad for you all...unless you happen to live nearby and want to pet my neck at the playground one day:)

The yarn is Sugarbunny from Knitpicks. I used Hawk and Platinum and knit with two strands at a time to produce the tweedy effect. There's no pattern for this...just a big circle of knitted stitches. Plain and simple. I left one twist in the loop of stitches for an infinity style wrap. And you can easily twist this thing around your neck three times. It's soft. It's warm. It's gray. Is there a better combination?

2 comments:

  1. I'm ready to start one for myself. I'm thinking the more my neck and face drops the more I'm going to need this cowl tool! I love your writing!

    ReplyDelete