Monday, January 9, 2012

An Easy Handmade Easter Swap...Who Wants to Play?


So, about that Pinterest obsession...well, this time it has tipped off a fantastic little idea. I found a group of moms who hosted an Easter toy/goodie swap at a playdate. Each mom contributed multiples of fun little things to fill Easter baskets and everyone went home with a wonderful variety of exciting handmade things for their little ones.
That led me to the very obvious conclusion that I should host a similar swap right here on the blog! Don't you think it's a GREAT idea? I thought you would:)

So here are the rules...
1.Leave a comment here that you want to play along. Also note the number of children you are swapping for and their ages. Be sure to include your email address if you are a No-reply commenter.
2. All items must be handmade, but that doesn't mean you have to sew...over the next several weeks I will be sharing links to all sorts of projects that you might want to try.
3. Spread the word...the more variety the better!
4. Should the number of participants get way out of hand then I will divide everyone into circles so that you don't end up making 4,652 bunny baskets:)
5. Create one small gift for every child in the swap and mail them so that they reach the recipient at least one week before Easter.
6. Have patience with the swap mama...this is the first time I have hosted a swap. I will forget things, get confused, and make mistakes, but we will work through those as they happen.

I will close sign ups on January 31. After that I will send everyone an email asking for your shipping info an then another with the swap details. I would so greatly appreciate it if you would let me know after the second email, what you plan to make. That way I can prevent any duplications before they occur.

Does that cover it? Come on y'all...play along, ok?

Now a little Etsy love... I am drooling over that little play set up there and I know Bee would flip for it too! Interested...you can find it here

7 comments:

  1. My links aren't working and I can't figure out how to fix it right now...really need to get to those eggs? Leave a comment and I'll send you an email with the Etsy shop. I'll try to get the links working as soon as possible...blogging from an iPad requires a whole new set of skills:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in for the swap with two kids of the boy kind! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in for the swap too. I have 2 girls; one almost 4 and one is 19 months. Eccited for my first swap:)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will play. 6 year old boy and 2 year old girl.

    awright_2006@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rock On! Love the idea! Thanks so much for hosting. I would love to participate. I have a 7 year old and a 5 year old. This sounds really fun.
    rescuedgoods@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in :) I was thinking about making a bean bag toss....bean bag eggs into a basket...and for younger ones that arent quite coordinated enough can just play with the basket and do some take-out/put-back activities (like my child does now :)

    ReplyDelete