Monday, January 31, 2011

Style Stitches Bag Challenge - February Fabrics

For the month of February we will be making the Reversible Everyday Shopper bag. This pattern looks MUCH easier than the last one, so if you haven't joined the challenge yet, February is the month to jump in:)

I'm not happy about my fabric selection, but it seems to be the best choice at the given moment. The pattern calls for home dec fabric, but I don't have any in my stash, and I am trying really hard to use up what I have before I buy more. So I raided the stash. I really wanted to use this great floral corduroy that I have, but unfortunately I just didn't have enough. So I kept digging...quite literally I'm afraid!


I finally settled on the Nicey Jane. It was one of the only fabric combinations I could come up with for which I actually had the necessary yardage. Don't get me wrong...I LOVE MY NICEY JANE! I just really wanted this bag to be a work horse, and this fabric just doesn't seem to fit the bill. But, I'm certain I will love the result...even if it does show dirt too easily to be my "Everyday Shopper."

2 comments:

  1. It will look great! I love Nicey Jane. Maybe you can add some interfacing to give it some body since it's quilting weight. And even if it shows dirt, I'm sure it's washable, so who cares!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think, the bag will look great with the floral design fabric matching well together with the small yellow print, a perfect mix for a springtime market tote. By the way, the disign of your pillow was inspiration for me, to sew some of my own. I've posted my pillow on my blog, giving the link to yours!
    Have a nice day!!!
    Martina

    ReplyDelete