Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I've Bitten Off More Than I Can Chew


I often feel really industrious. The sewing machine is whirring, the scissors are snipping, and products...actual finished pieces, are materializing at the speed of light. It is these moments when I get myself in the most trouble.

Case in point: During a recent snowstorm (or the NC equivalent), we had twirl skirt mania in our house. Belle is currently obsessed with all things princess or tutu related, and she is convinced that twirl skirts are "tutu skirts" and should be worn over an actual tutu and her clothes at all times. Stuck in the house for a few days, I was happy to oblige this obsession and created skirt after skirt after skirt. So many that I caught that industrious bug again. That's when I took that big bite, you know, the one I couldn't chew.

It seems I have signed myself up to sell my creations at a spring craft fair. I will be expected to have an entire booth full of these skirts, hair bows, toys and so much more. It seemed like a great idea at the time:)

NOW, I lie awake at night dreaming up inventory, planning out price lists, and listing all the supplies I'm going to need to make this happen.

Wish me luck...I'm going to need it! But, I figure this is a great way to start sharing my inspirations. What better time, than during an all-out creation blitz. Hopefully my "appetite" will whet yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment