Saturday, April 2, 2011

Pinwheel Quilt Along

So, a while back, I told you that one of my sewing goals for 2011 was to return to my quilting roots. I think I might have taken that one a little TOO seriously! Right now, I currently have 4 quilts in process that I hope to finish in the next few days. And I have finished two others in the last week. That's a whole lot of quilting! Now mind you...they are all doll or baby/crib size. Nothing large has been completed, though there are 3 of those in the works too! YIKES! Oh, and I just remembered a mini that's almost finished too, good grief! So when my new friends at Sew Lux Fabrics let me in on their little quilt along, of course, I jumped right in:) This one was a no brainer. I could whip it up in a jiffy and I could make use of some of my stash (the other sewing goal that I've revealed...there's one left that I refuse to admit because I'm just too scared to pursue it!). This little cutie is intended for my Belle. She's been a little jealous ever since Bee got a baby quilt for Christmas. Belle plays with her dolls every morning before the rest of the family gets up. She has the doll cradle that my grandfather made for me when I was little in her bedroom now. It already has a hand-knit blanket that her Aunt made her when she was born folded up in it as the mattress, but those poor dollies just look cold:) So it seemed right that she needed a new quilt for the cradle. We won't even mention how CRAZY she has been going since there have been so many dolls and doll quilts flying out the door for orders recently, while none were heading her way:)

This quilt has actually already been quilted and the binding is attached. It's just waiting for the binding to be completed. But, I don't have pictures of it since then, so just take my word for it...and I promise I'll show it to you when it is finished.


And just a note of thanks - My mom sent me the charm pack that I used for this quilt quite a while ago...so thanks, Mom! You've made Belle a very happy little girl yet again (and she thanks you doubly for her new movie!).

1 comment:

  1. I love how this turned out! So adorable! I can't wait to see it all quilted up!

    Thanks for sharing a link to our blog!

    ReplyDelete